Municipal Elections 21st of March 2018
You can make a difference. Vote!
Did you know you are allowed to vote in the upcoming elections?
We would like to include you in our fight for our planet and all its inhabitants. All our work and all our solutions have a planet-wide focus. That makes us unique and the perfect party for everyone, regardless of country of origin.
Voting rights in the Netherlands (municipal elections)
In municipal elections (Gemeenteraad), internationals have the right to participate as long as they are registered with their municipality. This applies to Dutch and EU citizens. Non-EU citizens must have lived in the Netherlands for an uninterrupted period of at least five years.
The Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) is the first political party in the world that does not put the short-term interests of man in the pivotal position, but the entire planet and all her inhabitants instead. We are part of a global and growing movement that is committed to the interest of animals, nature and the environment in politics and public administration. We realize that our planet is finite and we can’t keep wasting its resources. We encourage people to make different everyday choices, offering them a different perspective on politics and policy. We protect the interests of the weak against the supposed right of the strong. What is good for the planet, is good for us.
Some of our main standpoints
- Polluter pays principle
- Circular economy
- Animal welfare and the right to natural behaviour must be an integral part of policy
- Investing in environmental education at schools
- Protecting privacy
- Investing in plant-based and local agriculture
- 100% renewable energy, carbon-neutral in 2030
- Focus on smart mobility, public transport and bikes
- Investing in arts, culture and sports and making them available for everyone
- Small-scale and neighbourhood-oriented care
- Fighting poverty, inequalities and social exclusion
- Support for the self-employed and startups
- Protecting the vulnerable and those without a voice
For more detailed information about our vision and plans, click here to read our electoral programme from the last national elections in English.
Where can you vote for the Party for the Animals?
The Party for the Animals is up for election in the following municipalities: Almere, Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Apeldoorn, Arnhem, Buren, Den Haag, Gouda, Heerlen, Leiden, Pijnacker-Nootdorp, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Zaanstad.
How to vote?
If you are registered in your municipality you will receive a voting pass or ‘Stempas’ by post, 14 days prior to the election. You have to take this pass, together with your identity card, residence permit or passport, to a polling station in your municipality.
- A voting pass is absolutely necessary in order to vote at the numerous polling stations.
- Appointing someone else to vote on your behalf is possible.
In case the voting pass is lost or damaged:
- Submit the voting pass form at a municipal office.
- Provide a valid proof of identity (not a driving licence).